The MICROAXS Hi/ Shear is a totally concealed, high security, failsafe locking mechanism with superior appearance. The patented Hi/ Shear electromagnetic lock design incorporates a “floating” armature assembly and special alloy steel locking “tabs” on both the lock and armature assemblies, that may be adjusted both vertically and laterally to compensate for wide door gaps and warped or misaligned doors.
- The door static sensor ensures that the door is at rest and aligned, before the magnet is permitted to energize, eliminating potential for lock misalignment..
- Lateral adjustment of shear tabs to compensate for warped or misaligned doors, permitting accurate locking.
- Vertical adjustment of the armature compensates for wide door gaps.
- A unique “floating” action makes for easier armature lift when the magnet is energized and provides the ability to overcome wide door gaps.
- 2000 or 2700lbs. of holding force without current inrush or high operating temperature normally associated with shear locks.
- Alloy shear tabs are used on both the lock and the armature to ensure continued high holding force. There is no profiling of the soft armature steel that may be prone to wear and reduced holding force.
- Advanced electronic circuitry that incorporates door static, positioning and timed relock sensor and automatic voltage sensing for 12/24VDC input.
- Noise dampeners greatly reduce the noise associated with locking and unlocking of other shear locks on the market.
For further details download the following datasheet: